A snow day seemed like a good time to experiment with some Paleo pancakes. These were filling, delicious, and quick to make. Consistency wasn’t exactly like a normal pancake, but pretty good for a healthy version!
Serving Size: 2
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- pinch of baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk or dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Maple Syrup
- In a large bowl mix together: 6 tbsp coconut flour, 2 tsp coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk 6 egg whites until fluffy.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients. Then stir in 2 tbsp yogurt and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Pour in the milk and water a little bit at a time, stirring in between. Don’t over mix. Stop when a nice thick batter is formed.
- Stir in toppings of your choice.
- Heat pan with cooking oil and flip when edges are brown. Should be just a few minutes on each side.
I cooked my pancakes in ghee and added chocolate chips and bananas. Then drizzle maple syrup over them. Delish!