Wow these were good! So much delicious flavor that you can hardly taste the fishy-ness. Pretty easy to make and only good healthy ingredients used.
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 tbsp pecorino romano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 500′. Grease the bottom of a cookie pan with 1 tbsp melted ghee.
- In a bowl add 1 cup of almonds, 1 1/2 tbsp pecorino, 1 tsp cumin, and 1/2 tsp garlic then mix.
- Squeeze a little more than half the lemon over the top of the salmon filets.
- Dip the salmon pieces into the almond crumb mixture setting them down on the pan as you go. Be sure to coat the sides as well.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon over the top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- I cooked garlic, broccoli and spinach as my side and the timing was perfect sautéing them while waiting for my salmon.
- When my timer went off I took a butter knife and carefully slipped the filet off the skin.
- Serve with spicy mustard.