I’ve been craving rice and beans… even though they are totally not whole 30🤷🏼♀️ I took my whole chicken and pressure cooked it and then created a Spanish style rice for a side. Hope you love it as much as we did! 😚
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Dice the onion and put it on the bottom of the instant pot. Pour in chicken broth.
- Insert the wire rack.
- Pour seasonings over the bird coating the skin.
- Place the chicken on the rack. Breast side up.
- Be sure the the lid is in the Seal position.
- Set the InstantPot to the meat setting. Adjust the time to only 25 minutes cook time.
- Preheat oven to 425′ (optional step)
- Once the time sounds let it naturally release steam for about 10-minutes. Don’t vent it or all of the moisture will escape from the meat.
- Bake in the oven for about 5-7 minutes to crisp the skin.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy! 😚🍚🍗