One of my new favorites. A ton of ingredients packed in to make for a fun and filling lunch. Extra crispy bacon, tender grilled chicken, & cold nutritional toppings– delish.
- Nitrate free bacon
- 1 package chicken breasts
- Chopped red onion
- Sliced cucumbers
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded carrots
- Sliced avocado
- Kale, arugula, spinach or other lettuce of choice
1. Trim, pound, and marinade chicken. I usually just use a little olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper, garlic powder, & grated ginger. Grill the chicken & slice for salads.
2. Preheat oven to 400′. Evenly distribute bacon on a cookie sheet. Make sure every piece touches the bottom of the pan. *cooking oil not needed. It contains plenty of its own fat to cook.
3. After about 10 minutes drain oil and flip. Cook for another 10 or until crispy.
4. Boil salt water with eggs. Once cooked set aside to cool and peel.
5. Fill containers with salad. Top with chicken, crumbled bacon, sliced egg, cucumber, tomatoes, & avocado.
6. I mixed balsamic with spicy mustard for my dressing.